New England College of Business and Finance (NECB) is a proud partner with ALPFA, the largest Latino professional organization in the country dedicated to building Latino business leaders. As part of our exciting partnership, NECB will be awarding one FULL TUITION graduate scholarship (Value: $21,900) to a member of the ALPFA Boston Chapter. This is an opportunity for one lucky ALPFA member to receive a Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Science in Finance (MSF) or a Master of Science in Business Ethics and Compliance (MBE) from NECB!
- Submit a NECB admissions application.
- Submit a scholarship application.
- Write a brief essay (500 words or less) describing how a graduate degree at NECB will help you to achieve your long and short-term personal and professional goals.
Scroll down to access scholarship rules and details for application.
Click here to download the NECB admissions application.
To apply for this scholarship, please send your application form and essay to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Requirements and Other Details
- You must be an ALPFA member in good standing by October 19, 2012.
- Application deadline is Friday October 19, 2012 (no exceptions).
- A scholarship selection committee will review entries and select a winner.
To request more information on NECB, please visit http://www.necb.edu/partner/alpfa/.
ALPFA Scholarship Rules and Details for Application
The scholarship is available to active ALPFA members who are graduates of an accredited bachelor’s degree program and who are seeking admission into a graduate program of study offered by NECB. Each year one scholarship is awarded to one member of the ALPFA Boston chapter and one scholarship is awarded to one member of the ALPFA National organization.
Who Can Apply:
- Must be an active member of ALPFA in good standing;
- Must submit a brief essay describing how a graduate program at NECB will help student achieve his/her long and short term personal and professional goals;
- Must submit an admissions application;
- Must meet all other NECB admissions criteria
- The scholarship is not available to any student who applies to the College for non-continuous enrollment.
Students who qualify for this scholarship may be eligible for up to the following amount:
Graduate Program Tuition: Maximum award total value of $21,900.00.
The award may not be used to cover the application fee to the College.
- The applicant must start a graduate program curriculum within 30 days of being notified that they have been awarded the scholarship. Otherwise the award may be forfeited.
- The scholarship will be paid out in equal amounts for the payment periods included over a 26 month maximum period.
- The student must complete the program in no more than 26 months.
- The student may complete the program in less than 26 months.
- This scholarship cannot create a balance on the student’s account.
- The scholarship funds will be applied only to tuition charges.
- The funds may be used for developmental courses or prerequisite courses as well as all required concentration courses.
- The scholarship will be “full tuition” but will not include institutional fees or books.
- The recipient will be bound by the policies outlined in the NECB catalog.
- This award may not be combined with any other institutional scholarship.
How to Apply:
Applicants must be active ALPFA members in good standing and are required to submit the application form and a brief essay, no more than 1,000 words, describing how a graduate program at NECB will help student achieve their long and short term personal and professional goals.
Friday October 19, 2012
All application materials must be complete and submitted by midnight Eastern Time on the date of the deadline, no exceptions.
The Scholarship Selection Committee, comprised of NECB faculty and/or administrative members, will review entries and select the winner. Scholarships awards are made at the sole discretion of the College. All scholarship decisions are final and are not subject to appeal.
If an applicant cannot be reached within 10 days of the decision being made by the Scholarship Committee, or does not reply to email or other written communication sent within 10 calendar days of the date of the original communication, or otherwise forfeits the scholarships after it has been awarded, but before the applicant has enrolled in and started classes, then the College may, in its sole discretion, determine that the scholarship will be awarded to another recipient.