ALPFA provides many programs and benefits to aspiring Latino students interested in accounting, finance, business, or related career professions. Benefits of student membership include access to scholarship opportunities, skills development workshops, networking with key hiring professionals and sponsors, and discounts on various ALPFA events.
Student programs and events include:
ALPFA Boston Student Summit
This annual multi-sponsor event offers student members and companies an opportunity to engage each other around internships, career opportunities, and company product and service offerings. Our Student Summit offers:
- A pre-event career fair,
- Welcome reception
- Keynote remarks
- Professional development tracks, and;
- A scholarship/networking reception
ALPFA Annual Convention
The event brings together students and professionals from across the U.S.
- Professional development sessions and networking opportunities with countless sponsoring companies.
- Student Workshops – career-enhancing workshops designed to prepare students for the work environment.
- Career Fair – dozens of companies share and highlight the careers, products or services that their organization offers to students.
- Student Members are entitled to significant discounts on annual convention registration fees.
Career-enhancing workshops designed to prepare students for the work environment.
Career Fair & Expo
Dozens of companies share and highlight the careers, products or services that their organization offers to students and professionals.
KPMG Case Study Competition
KPMG sponsors the ALPFA student case study competition, which brings together accounting students from over 30 schools to solve complex accounting cases and present their findings to KPMG and ALPFA accounting professionals at ALPFA’s annual national convention. The competition teams students with KPMG professionals for several months of case preparation. The KPMG advisor provides their knowledge, experience, and time to assist the students as they research potential solutions to their cases. The experience exposes the students to the possibilities of what it may be like to work at a Big Four firm.
Regional Student Symposiums
A program designed specifically to foster professional development, training, and career growth.
- Educational Workshops
- Networking Luncheon
- Career Fair